With WPAOG Career Services, you are more than just a job candidate. By enrolling in our career services program, members of the Long Gray Line will benefit from a dedicated, professional transition coach and unlimited one-on-one assistance to support you in every step of your job search.
Enrolling in our program is a two-step process:
- Using a personal email address (disregard the platform’s prompt to use a .edu email address), register for access to join our talent pool in Handshake: https://wpaog.joinhandshake.com/register. Read more about Handshake below.
- Then, after your Handshake registration is approved, find and RSVP to the “WPAOG Career Transition Program,” listed under the Events tab.
One of our team members will reach out to you to set up an introductory consultation.
Program Overview & Expectations
No matter where you are in your job search, the WPAOG Career Transition program will be able to help. Grads enrolled in our program can trust that their job search experience will be supported with the following:
- A Dedicated WPAOG Transition Coach who will help you develop and manage a holistic, personalized career transition plan that is geared towards aligning you with organizations and roles that best fit your personality, experience and career goals. Click here to learn how else your coach can assist you through the entire job search process.
- Resources for developing targeted, interview-generating resumes
- Connecting with industry/regional mentors across the grad community
- Making you aware of potential job opportunities as new employer partners join our portfolio
- Teaching you how to network your way to opportunities and decision-makers
- Preparing you for interviews
- Reviewing offers and salary negotiations
- Access to Korn Ferry Advance. KF Advance is designed to be self-paced, affording grads the opportunity to begin planning their career change as early as desired. Click here to learn more about this industry-leading tool.
- Three career coaching sessions with Korn Ferry’s career experts to discuss topics most important to you
- Self-Assessments (Traits, Key Drivers, Competencies, Experiences)
- Resume Analysis & Optimization tool (to see how applicant tracking systems view your resume on the back-end)
- Interview Preparation mobile app
- Compensation Package assessment
- Key insights on all aspects of the job search process
- Korn Ferry’s Jobs Database representing a large variety of opportunities across their internal
- Access to trusted Employer Partners through Handshake, our jobs/internship database and online career management tool. Learn more about Handshake below.
- A Network of Industry/Regional Grad Advisors. Learn how to leverage the strength of the West Point grad network organized by:
- Industries, companies and job functions of interest
- Geographic areas of interest to provide local insight about commuting, neighborhoods, school districts, etc.
- Recommended best practices on how to grow and leverage your professional network. Click here for more details.
- Guidance on how to best leverage employer networking opportunities like the Service Academy Career Conference (SACC) and other events. To view an upcoming SACC closest to you, click here.
- Professional development webinars/workshops on a variety of career transition topics as well as featured employer or industry information sessions. To view the most current list of events, log into your Handshake account here.
- Information about national experiential learning programs for transitioning service members, such as the DOD SKillsbridge program and the 12-week Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program.
Enrollment in the WPAOG Career Transition program requires setting up an online career profile in Handshake, our jobs database and online career management tool. Using a professional (non-military) email address, you can use Handshake to:
- Access personalized job recommendations based on your online career interests profile
- Build/promote your resume and other brand marketing materials for our employer partners to search and view
- Research and connect with approved employers/organizations that recruit grads through WPAOG Career Services
- Schedule and manage your appointments with our team
RSVP to career-related events hosted by WPAOG, employer partners and West Point Societies
- Access useful resources to progress your career development, including articles, checklists, and worksheets
- Refer other grads to join the platform
If you need a password reset or want to learn how to get the most out of your experience on Handshake, visit the Handshake Help Center:
Note: Career Services cannot reset your password. Visit the Account Setup section under the Student/Alumni tab in the Handshake Help Center.